Two years on the Isle of Manhattan and Borough of Brooklyn

The time came. I opened my eyes on the day of my two year mark in New York City, and I realized how much had changed how many things remained (thankfully) the same and how lovely it was be here. Its been a rough journey full of joy and laughter and tears and disappointment and wonderful surprises, but that is life itself in every morsel and taste. Dec 1st 2012 I woke up to a life yet unknown and Dec 1, 2014 I wake up to new possibilities, new friends, lovely experiences and more energy to keep going.

I didn't have a plan, I didn't have a understanding of what I was going to do or what I was here for,  and two years later, here I still am and relieved!  I was a nomad suitcases, in hand some books and lots of music. Music was my partner, whenever I felt alone (which was pretty often),  I would turn to my favorite tunes. Soothe the loneliness with Ella, Sarah, Bob and Herbie, and the music made it all worth it. I walked the streets of NYC for the first year almost exclusively in the neighborhoods of Hell's Kitchen and Chelsea. I learned about the good and the bad quite quickly, yet I was glad to be a part of this hard and fast school.

So here we are at the eve of a New Year. The Dawn of 2015 at our door step and I'm filled with gratitude mixed with some sadness and with much desire and excitement for the year ahead.

 An exclusive post with images from the past year will be uploaded soon Till then... Happy Holidays from the Yogirabbit.


Eat Drink and Be Merry!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Modern Diaspora a series...episode 1.

Diaspora Diaries Vol. 2 A look back in time.

It's My Pleasure-- a declaration of mutual understanding.