strange nights and days a winter's tale

I have had a long pause from writing and posting of pictures,  yet so much has been happening this winter. Much like my dry spell for writing,  I've felt moments and bursts of inspiration among many moments of lull and lack of inspiration. I wanted to take it all in,  and be able to sit in silence as the images and the moments were imprinted in my mind.

I must also be honest in sharing with you that after being a nomad  living out of my suitcases for so long, I have found moments of peace and connection in my new home, where I wanted to do nothing more than sit in silence, read, meditate, sleep late and allow for the days to pass without fanfare. Having a space that feels comforting and complete is a rare find in this city. After many months of moving from temporary home to temporary home I've found a place that IS home.  

A sanctuary where no pretense is needed and where friends, family and cats yes cats, have gathered these last few months in moments of sharing and being, laughing eating listening to music and cooking (lots of cooking!) 

"Having a space that feels comforting and complete is a rare find in this city."

Winter in New York and most of the northeast United States is tough, unrelenting,  and when it's dark and gloomy it is also extremely lonely. Having a warm space is a most needed antidote to the winter blues.

I've been listening to jazz and R&B to accompany this winter mood. I have stayed up most nights spending time reading my yoga philosophy books and some new favorite authors. Winter is a time of introspection and some self reflection. Thankfully though, spring is around the corner. As a much needed warmth in the air changes moods and brings smiles to people's faces. 

I leave you with my "ode to the winter city", and some images that mesmerized and enchanted me. This time its represented through the lens of the Brooklyn side of the city. Recent walks in Prospect park near my home are beyond magical. Here is my winter in New York  alongside some tunes by two of my favorite new artists.

Happy Spring everyone!






Los Empresarios- Dog is Everywhere 


New York City Winter 2014-15 Enjoy! (all images by Eleana K. )













panoramic view of prospect park, Brooklyn 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Diaspora Diaries Vol. 2 A look back in time.

The Modern Diaspora a series...episode 1.

It's My Pleasure-- a declaration of mutual understanding.