New York Summer-- A trip to the Beach

New York Summer - A trip to the Beach

Its my third summer in New York and now more than ever I'm finding my bearings in the little neighborhoods, beaches and distant gems of seaside New York. 

It was the third weekend in June and as luck would have it we all had the day off to venture out for a small day trip.  The weather finally permitted, after many a rainy weekend, and my crazy group of friends and I decided to go to THE Hamptons for the first time in my three years in NY. 

Yes THE Hamptons. I had many images of what that would be like and certainly none came close to the reality. Despite the fact that its considered the summer playground for who's who glitterati of the city for us simple explorers it was a chance to take an early and somewhat empty summer look at this part of Long Island. It was so beautifully quiet and the Atlantic water bitterly cold, at least for my taste. I'm used to the crystal clear waters of the Mediterranean so the frigid waters of the Atlantic Ocean was a strong antidote to my Romantic image of the beach. Be that as it may it was an idyllic beautiful day. After a seaside retreat we headed to the town of Sag Harbor.

Melting ice cream at hand and the giddy feeling that outside of New York City we were free to sing in the streets, walk in our flip flops and bathing suits and bask in the sun with no care to time or schedules,  in the end,  summer has finally arrived in the city. Stay cool New York :)














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diaspora Diaries Vol. 2 A look back in time.

The Modern Diaspora a series...episode 1.

It's My Pleasure-- a declaration of mutual understanding.