It's all about Fall... in New York.




Alright I'll admit it I've fallen in love. No no, not that mad passionate uncontrollable teenage love affair but that romantic, intimate "grown up" love. My love is smooth, and delicate, it doesn't burn or tire but it allows me to be me.  Let's talk about colours and leaves and crisp nights walking in the park and hues in the sky only a fairy tale could describe. Let's talk about fall: one of my favorite seasons on this beautiful part of the earth, but especially in New England. Yet I've found myself loving fall in New York more and more. Among the concrete tall buildings, and steel facades, peer sweet sounds and sweet aromas from the trees, as well as explosions of colour and light.  Its been surprisingly warm this past month in the city yet the leaves are appearing and peppering the landscape with reds and oranges and yellows as far as the eye can see.

I've been taking more and more runs in Prospect Park in Brooklyn, and Central Park in the early mornings when the season's change has been spectacular over the past two months. People are still leisurely walking in the streets enjoying sunny afternoons, as the rays caress their faces. Winter hasn't quite come yet, and I'm sure many of us aren't quite ready for it. We are still welcomed by sweet afternoons and bright mornings as the sun still warms the skin. From time to time those still brave enough to dine or have a drink outside on a Saturday night, are wearing their scarves and hats to cheat the night air into wicked warmth. What is truly spectacular beyond the classic fall colours, are the hues early in the morning. I'm an early riser, as my teaching and practise schedule dictates that I'm up before the crack of dawn, at what a friend calls god awful in the morning (but I love this time of day!) and I get to see what is truly unique about this city: the break of day and the first beams of light through the night sky, so my love affair continues, it gives me sweet gifts and earthy smells and moments of utter bliss.

I'll let my pictures do the talking.... enjoy.




















And a Song for these sweet November Days.


























Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Diaspora Diaries Vol. 2 A look back in time.

The Modern Diaspora a series...episode 1.

It's My Pleasure-- a declaration of mutual understanding.