A year in the making 2016



December 19th 2016


A year in the making...


My dearest readers,


After a small hiatus from writing, along with some medical surprises and much travelling. I'm resuming my commitment to putting ideas, stories and poems down on paper for all to read.

Its been a very, crazy, strenuous, difficult and eventful year. I have had some moments of absolute joy and some moments of sorrow and sadness. Through all of those times one thing remained constant. My family and their love, my close friends and their undying support, my commitment to writing and my yoga practice. 

Putting my thoughts and ideas down on paper so to speak, has been a very liberating and cathartic experience. Some of this very personal sharing, has been a growing and evolving practice, just like my yoga practice. Over these past four years, I've gone from a very shy writer, to slowly (ever so) finding my voice. I don't plan on publishing any books or short stories any time soon, there is still so much to be done in order to fine tune a craft like this! Yet I'm up for the challenge.




I may never meet some of my loyal readers, others I know very well. What is common and heartwarming is that you have tirelessly supported me from the first blog post on November 24th 2012. I thank you from the bottom of my heart. 

Its been 4 years, of blogging, sharing, opening up, and exploring and I can't believe I've stuck to it this long!

I'm working on a lot of little projects and my writing is definitely one of them.

I wish you all a wonderful, prosperous and creative new year. 

Let 2016 be a lesson to all of us. We lost a lot of artists that were legendary, we lost a lot of poets who moved us with their words, and musicians who just knew how to make a damn good song. There is turmoil and strife in the world that has found a way to divide us in the most barbaric ways. 

Despite the losses we have had some wonderful joyous times filled with creativity and love. I stay true to that conviction of being true to myself and my craft, and bringing joy to peoples lives. 

Until then.... a year in pictures as they can tell the story far better than I can. 


Here are some of the faces of the people that made my year shine.


Learning about being a little bolder :)


My best buddies make me smile...
One of my favorite views of Manhattan from the Hudson River


Seriously funny friends make me smile at dawn on a boat!

Beach bums with some yoga fun! 

My dear Susan you will be missed. 

My Daybreaker crew knows how to make my day! (photo by AJ photos) 












love and light

Eleana 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Modern Diaspora a series...episode 1.

Diaspora Diaries Vol. 2 A look back in time.

It's My Pleasure-- a declaration of mutual understanding.