From the island to the city....


Its a quiet night in Mykonos where I'm spending one last weekend packing up the house and seeing some dear friends and loved ones here, and I came across one of my favorite artists... singing one of my favorite songs about New York City... Could be none other than Billy Joel singing New York State of Mind... but the particular version of the song and performance that I found on Youtube was recorded in March 1978.... the month of my birthday. I love making quircky parallels and this one is no exception....

Enjoy

Billy Joel singing New York State of Mind at a BBC recording of the song

March 14th, 1978
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZh8YjbDiVk

Comments

  1. From the big olive to the big apple. Manhattan is an island too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Modern Diaspora a series...episode 1.

Diaspora Diaries Vol. 2 A look back in time.

It's My Pleasure-- a declaration of mutual understanding.