The night before the last night.....


Its Wednesday evening.... talking with a dear friend, while my two cats Dylan and Fatty are curled up beside me, listening to Keith Jarrett's....Koln Concert. Two days before the departure to New York, with dreams, expectations and emotions that span the spectrum of fear, joy, sadness and excitement.... I'm sitting  in my kitchen in Athens at Maison Helene, my home of four years, and now that I am packing up, putting away and letting go of my memories and moments here, I can't help but wonder what the path ahead will have in store. There is a strong sense of purpose and accomplishment in what lies ahead, and I look forward to it, with some trepidation. We all know that the only mystery is the future and the only knowledge is of the past. So at present.... quietly sipping a glass of white wine, I understand that this is a lovely journey and with great humbleness, I put myself and this new step into the hands of the gods, fate, the universe or whatever else we understand to be true. I had posted this poem of Robert Frost on Facebook a couple of weeks back, because it truly encapsulated my feelings on the matter of travel, new beginnings, unknown paths... and its none other than The Road Not Taken. The Koln Concert by Keith Jarrett is also a brilliant piece of music full of emotion, eroticism, pathos and life....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLF9OTJR23g

Robert Frost (1874–1963). Mountain Interval. 1920

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,

And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth; 5
Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same, 10
And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back. 15
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference. 20

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Modern Diaspora a series...episode 1.

Diaspora Diaries Vol. 2 A look back in time.

It's My Pleasure-- a declaration of mutual understanding.