Sound Track for New York

My top five.... like the line goes from one of my favorite books and movies about music and life... High Fidelity. I am listening to a lot of different and interesting music lately, like I used to. Music was and will always be a salvation, and an expression when no words come to mind. Music creates a moment when you can say everything through the notes of your favorite songs. And in thinking about music and how it represents the city that I now live in, its like a endless pentagram of sounds and cultures being represented.


"Music was and will always be a salvation."


As my love of this city grows I wanted to make a mix tape... and you know the art of making a mix tape is no simple task.There are so many things to consider when making a sound track for NYC. Its a city full of rich history in Latin Rhythms, Hip Hop, Jazz, Funk... all exceptional, all part of the fabric that envelops it, and its all part of how amazing the artists are, past and present who live, create and make music about and for New York. And thanks to an inspiring radio producer back in Greece... here's the first episode.

Cheers to you New York City... through the streets of Harlem.... The King of New York.

Ben Sidran

Bobby Womack-Across 110th Street




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Modern Diaspora a series...episode 1.

Diaspora Diaries Vol. 2 A look back in time.

It's My Pleasure-- a declaration of mutual understanding.