A life with purpose

Dear Readers,


For once I'm at a loss for words... (I know its shocking!) This past weekend as I was putting new plants in my flower pots as I do every spring, I sat down to think about what it means to live a life with purpose  

The simple act of making things grow or participating in their growth has always been very gratifying to me.

I want to see evolution happen not only from a yoga perspective and in the students I teach, but also in other aspects of people's lives. I find no greater joy than to see my friends and loved ones succeed and prosper at what they do, and make strides in their professional and personal lives, yet I can't seem to pinpoint what a life of purpose means for me.

Inevitably as I think about it and formulate an imaginary perfect life,  wondering what I would do if everything went the way I planned, I realize I would not veer very far from where I am now. 


We all have a compass, an internal guide to place us in the exact location that we need to be. If we listen, if we are true to our purpose, whatever that may be, we follow our Dharma (our calling). We follow our destiny, if you want to call it that. 

It's as simple as watering a plant and watching it grow. 

Friendships, careers, personal relationships. All these are not instant, they take time. Some bear fruit quickly some need time to grow and each one has its moment to shine, just like when a flower blooms for just one day. Others, no matter how much you water them, or how much care you give, only come up as weeds and wilt no matter how hard you try to keep them alive.

So I'm still searching and exploring and watching my plants grow and bloom. As I watch my friendships and relationships grow and develop, I'm glad I have wonderful people around me who motivate me to find and pursue a life of purpose.

They are the spark that lights the flame of creativity and meaning in my life, and illuminates the path ahead when I stop and wonder about the right way forward. 


So cheers and a happy Summer to all!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diaspora Diaries Vol. 2 A look back in time.

The Modern Diaspora a series...episode 1.

It's My Pleasure-- a declaration of mutual understanding.