It's all about the food....and soap

It is a beautiful sunny day in Brooklyn today and thoughts come to mind of the flavors and smells of this great city. Have not posted in a while since I've been here and specifically to Brooklyn but one thing I must say is that I've eaten and I've been fed very well since I've been here! My hosts who are amazing are also amazing cooks! The concept of comfort food comes to mind and of offering food as a way to welcome someone and make them feel at home. New York is known as a city of the best restaurants in the country and in some cases the world. New Yorkers are foodies and they love to experiment with flavors and tastes influences by every country represented here. The flavors and tastes here are so diverse and different that one can only be excited at the prospect of trying new things.  I had the opportunity to try southern cooking, Thai cooking, Mexican cooking and everything in between only in one day. As we prepare for the holidays more amazing flavors and tastes will cross my path for now here are some of the great dishes I tried most recently.

Home made Thai Wraps :)

Arepas at Bryant Park
 
Coconut covered chocolates :)
 
And last but not least I was part of my first home made soap making batch :) and the scented lavender and sandalwood blend was a success!
 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Modern Diaspora a series...episode 1.

Diaspora Diaries Vol. 2 A look back in time.

It's My Pleasure-- a declaration of mutual understanding.